|Shakespearean Insults Generator|
THE ELIZABETHAN LANGUAGE - "WHY DIDN'T HE USE PLAIN ENGLISH?"
- The works of William Shakespeare are often dreaded by students because of the language he uses!
- "Why didn't he use plain, simple English?" is a question often used by students new to the Works of Shakespeare!
- The answer is, of course, that he did! But the Elizabethan English language was different to ours!
- There weren't as many words used in the Elizabethan period and people used a whole variety of ways to spell them as dictionaries weren't available! (There are at least 16 different Elizabethan spellings of Shakespeare!)
- If Shakespeare was looking for a descriptive word, and couldn't find one he just made one up! William Shakespeare invented words, and he used them to good effect when it came to Shakespeare Insults!